The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

And The Heat Goes On!

Summer is still in full swing in North Texas. Which is normal for August, but by now, even people like me who love summer and lazy days in the pool are ready for crisp fall air and football. I want to sit on my patio and read a book and be comfortable! The weather forecast says this might be our last 100 degree day.  I'll believe it when I see it! And that's really not so encouraging when the 10 day forecast is all highs in the 90s and lows in the upper 70s.  I'd love to wake up to a morning in the 60s. I know it's coming soon.

I'm finally ready to give up my summer pedicure and sandals in favor of sweatshirts and boots. September and October are great months here because I can still wear sandals and a light sweater but I don't get damp the second I walk out the door.  I'd also love it if it was not 140 500 degrees inside my car when I leave work at the end of the day.


Found a similar idea on Pinterest and copied it, love!
Check out more toe pics here and here, it's a recurring theme.
I'm not quite ready to give up the beach themed decor around the house, it can stay for a few more weeks.




Fall this year is going to be extra special because we have another grand girl coming in October! This means I'm making another baby quilt.  I made two last year for my first two grand girls, you can see them here and here.

I don't want to give too much away, but here's a sneak peak of the purple puppy.



I love french knots! I know that's probably weird, but
they are my favorite embroidery stitch.
It's probably weird to have a favorite embroidery stitch.

This quilt is so colorful!
I think it is going to be one of my favorites.

I've got to get busy this week and over the holiday weekend because I plan to give the quilt to my daughter-in-law at her shower on September 7th.  And as odd as it seems, September is almost here!

Much love and laughter,


Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Laura, I'm with ya on the heat! I'm so over it! Today, I started doing some "transitional" Fall decorating. I'll ease into it gradually. Exciting times at your place!

Debbie said...

I'm sick of the summer and the heat and ready for fall. I am not one who likes to rush the seasons so I'm holding off on decorating or anything for just a few more days.

Then, it's going to be fall here no matter WHAT The temperature says!

Love fun pedicures. One of my "besties" recently did hers almost exactly like that. I guess she saw it on pinterest too!

And congratulations on another granddaughter! You are so blessed.