The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Friday, June 15, 2012

Pull up A Bar Stool

Due to the odd placement of the bar in my kitchen (too near the door to the patio), there is only room for one bar stool to be placed there.  We can always squeeze in an extra if needed but it's awkward if there is a lot of traffic coming and going from the pool.

I've been looking for a stool the correct height since we moved into our new old house. Wouldn't you know that after looking for months I found one on craigslist while looking for other items.  And here it is! 

The seller told me the paint had rubbed off on the seat and it needed repainted.  Repainting was not an issue, I loved those legs and the flower details and the rubbed off black paint.  But did it REALLY need repainted?  Or did it need a good scrubbing?  If you guessed scrubbing you are correct!  I didn't think GLITTER would be stuck where paint was MISSING. 

So I got out the Murphy's Oil Soap and a gave it a scrub and sure enough it was just sticky yucky. I believe some little sweetie spent many days doing craft projects while sitting in the chair and smearing it with glue, juice, glitter and other stuff I probably don't want to think about.

Yep, those patches on the seat and back needed cleaned off - not painted over

I scrubbed it and gave it a coat of clear wax.  SuperDave commented to me that if I rubbed the paint off while I scrubbed that would be fine because that was just "distressing".  I think he's coming around to my current obsession with furniture upcycling.


Love the flower

There are a few scratches on the seat but I really don't care!  Anything that comes to my house without scratches is just a TARGET.  Give it a few days and it will be scratched and banged and well you know, we LIVE here, things are not perfect.




Love the legs


Love the Bar Stool!
 If you would like to sit at my bar and keep me company while I am cooking (or cleaning up) you can sit on this great bar stool and have a drink.  I love good company!

Much Love & Laughter,

Laura

 Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Debbie said...

That was a great score! I agree with you that it probably saw its share of school projects and what we used to call "glitterating".