The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Potbelly Uptown Salad - Copy Cat Version

I know I posted a salad recipe last week, but it's patio sittin' weather in the south and salads are one of our favs for warm weather. So I'm sharing a long time favorite with you today.

My sweetie and I love to visit Potbelly Sandwich Shop for our weekly lunch date.  We go there every 3 or 4 weeks. 



I love the TKY (skinny turkey) sandwich with all that wonderful hot pepper mix to spice it up. I love their hot pepper mix so much I buy the jar and take it home.  I do wish they had avocado as an option.  Avocado should always be an option, especially on a turkey sandwich. 

But, more often than not we order the Uptown Salad. 

photo credit - http://www.yelp.com/
 
I love this salad so much that I don't get enough of it at an occasional lunch, so I make a copy cat version at home.





It's easy peasy.

Potbelly Uptown Salad Copy Cat Version

I just make these right on the plates

Start with a serving of lettuce to your liking, either spring mix or chopped romaine.

Pile on top

Chopped apple - half a small apple per serving
Purple seedless grapes - 1/3 cup per serving
Dried Cranberries - 1 tablespoon per serving
Glazed Walnuts - 1 tablespoon per serving
Cooked chicken - cut in cubes 1/4 to 1/3 cup per serving
Sprinkle with Blue Cheese crumbles - 1 tablespoon per serving

Red Onion (TOTALLY OPTIONAL) this would ruin it for me, but if you're into onion go ahead

Add a Vinaigrette Dressing of your choice. We LOVE this Balsamic with Honey.




Serve with a nice piece of toasted bread and enjoy!

Repeat again tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. (optional, but likely)


Much Love & Laughter,

 Laura










 Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm pinning this! We love salads around here.

Really... it's true. It's not that we eat unhealthy that is to blame for my spare tire and jowls. It's that I eat too MUCH.

Sooner Laura said...

Aw thanks, Debbie! I am flattered that you think this simple salad is "pin-worthy". Maybe I'll pin it also. I always feel kind of funny about even blogging something SO EASY, but then again those are things I re-pin too!

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

This salad sounds really good. I love salads...I'm going to pin it too.

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

reFresh reStyle said...

Laura, I love salads and this looks like a great one!
Debbie

mmm2m8r said...

Wife packs homemade version daily for lunch. The dressing is Hendrickson's sweet vinegar and olive oil (slight amount of olive oil) sold at Kroger's.