The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Taking Time to Put My Feet Up - Easy Cheesy Mexican Dinner 'Recipe'

Hello out there.  Is anyone still stopping by to see if I'm ever going to blog again?  I feel so out of touch when I haven't been blogging or reading all my favorite blogs.  Lately I feel like I'm spinning around.  Some of this I bring on myself by starting another project before finishing the last one and some of it is just LIFE. 

I will be the first to admit I have a very good life, but I've had a sick child, a parent in the hospital and less than a week ago I had a "minor" surgical procedure. I have since concluded that at my age there is no MINOR surgery.  I'm happy to report everyone is now on the mend!

Some recipes surely were invented by people during weeks like the one I've had and I created an easy one of my own that I'll be making again if SuperDave agrees.  I guess I should give it a name so I think I'll call it "Easy Cheesy Mexican Dinner" because it is Mexican Food, it is easy and it is delicious.

One of my favorite side vegetables is made with a can of tomatoes and green chilies, a can of black beans and 1-1/2 cups of frozen corn. (you can use a can of corn but I prefer frozen corn)  I started with that combo and made a one dish meal that looked like this.



Easy Cheesy Mexican Dinner

1 can Black beans, drained and rinsed
1-1/2 cups frozen corn
1 can Tomatoes and green chilies with cilantro and lime juice
1/2 lb White Velveeta Pepper Jack cheese
1 cup of cooked chicken, cubed (I always cook extra chicken for making quick meals)

I warmed the above ingredients together and served it on a bed of brown rice

We topped the chicken and vegetable mixture with lots of jalapeno peppers and grated cheddar cheese and served it with our favorite chips. (Food Should Taste Good Multigrain)

Do you love how easy this was to cook? 
Can you see from the picture how delicious this tastes?



After putting it in a bowl, take it outside to the patio and put your feet up and enjoy your meal.  Even in the midst of a crazy week, you I must take time to breathe (and eat).

Getting closer every minute to the weekend!  If I don't manage another post this week, Happy Mother's Day to all you awesome Moms out there.

Cheers!

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I have been just as AWOL and just as busy spinning, but I can't even blame medical reasons.

I'm glad that you are on the mend (and your family too!)

My daughter is coming home for a week next week. I am always looking for something new to try for her to eat and this fits the bill. I'm pinning it!