The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Thursday, February 28, 2013

The (Future) Wet Bar Project

There's always, ALWAYS another project, or three, on my list of stuff I want to do to my home.  Are some people satisfied to live with their homes even when things are 25 years out of date?  I wonder.  I'm not one of those people.  Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  The answer probably depends on who you ask.

So with my long list of stuff that still needs updated around my house (IMHO) I look around (continually) and try to decide what is the highest priority.  I think the wet bar area might be my next DIY project.  Except some of it would not be DIY. 

The wet bar is in our "not so formal" living room.  Most of my neighbors have an actual walk in wet bar, I guess that was popular in the 80s in this area.  Some of them are just beautiful and I really like the walk in style, but we have this nook style with folding doors.  I love the extra cabinets, you would be be surprised how much stuff I can store in here.

When the doors are open they are IN THE WAY and since this area is 1986 original we usually keep the doors closed.  Then we have the faux marble, glass shelves and mirrors and I have to say, I am just not feeling it.

We've made two improvements to this area since we bought our house.  We added the bronze faucet and installed a new light fixture.  The light fixtures is only visible when you are standing right at the bar, but it does make it nice and bright.



The first step is to take out all the stuff

Then remove the doors

Remove the shelves and mirrors

Install a new counter and sink

Install new shelves or cabinets

Tile and/or paint the interior walls

Paint the lower cabinets

Put all the stuff back

Why does the list always LOOK short, but the project rarely is?



Suggestions?  Has anybody renovated a space like this?  I know the counter is going to the the pricey part, but will also have a big impact on the overall appeal.  I've been searching the world wide web for inspiration pictures....and none of them have folding doors.

I've found a few inspiration picture.  I'm dreaming of something more like these.



I already have the cat who will be happy to pose for a picture.



Much love and laughter,

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: