The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Brett!

Happy Groundhog Day! 
But more importantly HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY to my sweet nephew, Brett!

I need to squeeze this guy

I have missed far too much of the the first two years of this 'little' guy's life.

I don't know what he's doing, but this is my favorite!
On my side of the family, I have 3 nephews and 6 nieces. The women far outnumber the men in my family. (more pictures of them on the pictures page of this blog) They range in age from 30 something to the youngest, who is 2 years old today.  I love these guys and gals almost as much as my own offspring and miss them so much. 

Brett, with two of his four big sisters, Baylee and Brynna
About 14 years ago my husband was transferred to Texas for work, so we moved south, leaving behind all our family on both sides in Oklahoma.  To visit family now requires driving a minimum of 6 hours, round trip. I'm thankful it's not any further, but it's not close enough to just run over there for every birthday party or just for supper, so we miss a lot of family gatherings.

But I'm not missing this one!  My wonderful husband announced last night that he is going to drive a 9 hour round trip this weekend to take me to the birthday party over the weekend and I'm excited - about the party - not the drive.  But mostly because I get hugs and kisses from these awesome kids.

So head's up to my brother (and my sis-in-law) - we're crashing at your house Saturday night!


Now I just have to go shopping for a "tractor" birthday gift.
Because tractors are his favorite.

Live, love, laugh,

Laura

No comments: