The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be Mine!

Happy Valentine's Day!

We "celebrated" sweetheart day a little early this year by going out for a very special dinner on Saturday night.  We were having so much fun that we decided during dinner to GO OUT TO A MOVIE!  I know that's regular stuff for most people, but we really like watching movies at home.  My husband has a rather large TV, a pretty decent surround sound system and an extensive collection of DVDs.  At home we can put our feet up, take our shoes off, cover up with a blanket, pause the show for bathroom breaks, and choose from a wider selection of snacks and drinks.  So we just really love movie night at home.  :)



I got this lovely rose at dinner
 We saw The Vow and it was good even without my feet up.  A blanket would have been good since it was 27 degrees and windy on Saturday night. (which is bitter cold for Texas, people)  But I warmed myself up with a Chai Tea Latte.

After the movie we started talking about Rachel McAdams and I told my husband she was in Sherlock Holmes and asked him if we had that movie.  He said no and I asked why not? because I really like that movie.  ( I've always been a Robert Downey Jr. fan) My sweetie's ring tone is from Iron Man.  Ok, on with my story.

So this morning when I dragged myself out of bed at 6:30 and went into the bathroom I found my Valentine's Day gift from my super guy.



I laughed out loud!  That's a good thing!  This is proof that my husband listens when I'm talking. (sometimes)  And he also knows I like DARK chocolate.  I love that guy.  And he got me two cards - when he starts reading mushy stuff he can't express his feelings with just one card.  So bonus points for the big guy today!

But all of this wouldn't mean much if it were just one day a year - it's the little things 365 days a year that prove he really really loves me, warts and all.

Then I had to decide which heart necklace to wear today. (gifts from you know who through the years) I chose the silver one in the middle because it went best with the shirt I'm wearing.  I always say this is the most expensive piece of jewelry my husband ever gave me. It was his anniversary gift at his previous job for working there 20 years.  They gave him one of those books where you choose a gift and he didn't want anything so he told me to pick something for myself.  I tell him he worked 20 years to get me this necklace.



So real quick before I headed out the door today, I spread out several years of Valentine cards I've given to my hubby on our bed.  One year I put out all the Valentine's cards we had given each other for 25+ years and it completely covered the bed!  I've told him we should stop buying cards and just choose from the box for the next 32 years. We could start our own card store (except these are all signed) and we're starting to buy each other duplicates!


Sweetie, this is what it looked like when I left,
if the cards are a big mess when you get home,
blame the tabby boys

Love bears all things, believes all things,
hope all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13:7

Hugs and Kisses,
XXXOOOXXX

Laura

No comments: