The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Friday, November 30, 2012

Things I Love About Christmas

I love Christmas. 
I could probably make a list that would go on all day,
but you would get bored and leave, so I'll just share a few.


I LOVE

#1  Christmas Music



#2  The Christmas Tree(s)



#3  My ornaments - a box of memories



#4  Christmas Cookies - well, almost any kind of cookie really

#5  Wassail (I'll share the Sanders family recipe)

#6  Family Gatherings

#7  Christmas Movies (and Jimmy Stewart)



#8  The World's Focus on The Birth of Christ
        (even if some of it is unintentional)



#9  Christmas Cards - I still love getting snail mail



#10 You can put a Santa hat and a ribbon on anything and get away with it



or anyone




Did you notice I didn't mention gifts?  I'm no Scrooge, but it's not about gifts for me.  I love to give them, but without one material gift given or received in my house - it would still be Christmas and it would still be special.  Because the Greatest Gift has already been given.

What about you?  What do you LOVE about the Christmas Season?

Celebrate!

Laura

  Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Maureen Wyatt said...

I love cards, roaring fires, the dinner, twinkling tree lights and the excitement of little children!