The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Pinteresting Meal

Remember cookbooks?  I still have a few around, but over the recent years I have gotten rid of a LOT of cookbooks.  I still have some community cookbooks and church cookbooks - collections of REAL recipes, favorites by the ladies in the local County Extension Homemaker's Club or church.  But for the most part when I want to cook a meal I head for my computer using Google or Pinterest. A short search later I have my recipes.

I haven't cooked a big meal for a while since I was sick for a couple of weeks and a cool wet Sunday was the perfect day for heading to the kitchen.  I thawed a pork roast so that was my first search was for a crock pot recipe for my roast.

I found Pepsi Pork Roast pinned from food.com and it was delicious!  Mine didn't look exactly like this, but it was tender, juicy and pulled apart with a fork.


Photo credit

The next item on my menu was potatoes and I wanted to use fresh basil, because it won't be around much longer.  These Lemon Basil Potatoes courtesy of Giada were amazing!  They will be regular on our table. (I used small golden potatoes instead of red)


Photo Credit
The third item on the menu was zucchini and I wanted to roast it.  If I had to decide which was better the potatoes or the zucchini I'm not sure if I could choose.  But this was a super quick, easy and delicious way to cook zucchini.  I found this recipe for Parmesan Roasted Zucchini on www.budgetsavvydiva.com. We loved this recipe for zucchini, I may never cook it any other way again.




I finished off our meal with an easy Caesar Salad and some warm rosemary bread (Costco bakery).  My family approved of every item on the menu!

So how about you?   Do you still use paper cookbooks?  Or do you head for the internet when you want to try something new?  Also, have you pinned more COOKIE recipes than you could bake in a lifetime or is that just me?

Much Love & Laughter, 

 Laura

No comments: