The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Friday, April 11, 2014

California Dreaming

How do you get through the work week and make it to the weekend with your sanity somewhat intact? Frequently I manage to make it through the week with the help of music, prayer, counting my blessings or dreaming about vacation.

We continued to work on the pantry project last night and it's coming along. Last night after work - I painted! And paint ALWAYS makes things look so much better. Paint is like a miracle face lift for things that are tired and dirty and need freshened up. I had a bit of my paint in my hair last night and I just remembered that I didn't have my honey to check to see if it washed out.  oops!

BEFORE - the lighting is really tricky in a closet this small
AFTER - TA DA!
Even with tricky lighting you can see it's an improvement
At least it's clean and all one color and yes that color is BLUE
Is that my shadow? I think it is.
After 4 nights of working on the pantry after working all day at the job that pays for projects and such (plus major spring allergy issues) I was super tired this morning. On my way to work I was thinking of vacation.  Because after all, isn't that one reason we go to work?  So we can play?  

Work to live, not live to work - that's my motto!

My parents, who are originally from Oklahoma and Arkansas, met and married in California, then moved backed to Oklahoma to live forever.  My Dad's parents, brother and sister stayed in California. My aunts, uncles and cousins still live there.  Because of this, many of our vacations when I was growing up involved road trips from Oklahoma to California and visiting family. Nothing was more fun to my siblings and me than visiting our cousins in California.

As an adult, I've made several trips to California with my own family. SuperDave grew up in a military family and spent his teenage years in California, so we are both familiar with the left coast.  We are currently booked for 10 days of fun in the sun in California this summer.  Away from the 100 degree temps of Texas.  Ten days visiting with family, playing and seeing some amazing natural beauty.  My baby girl is finishing up with beauty college in less than two months and we are taking her on a fun trip before she begins "real life", working 40 hours a week (or more).

On our list of things to do in Cali is a 2 day drive down the Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco to Morro Bay.....in a Mustang convertible!  So I'll be checking off an item on my bucket list in a couple months.  I expect to have some beautiful west coast photos to share with everyone when I get back.  Scenes like this one.  sigh

Photo credit
And that my friends is how I get through the 40 hour work week...a little California Dreaming.

Have a great weekend!

Much love and laughter,


Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Just catching up on my blog reading. You have been a busy lady!