The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Blessed To Be So Lucky

My husband is out of town and I'm home alone tonight (except for the Tabby Boys, they are always here).  I just hung up the phone after talking to him, and we agreed to talk again before we went to sleep.  I had lunch with him today, I saw him about 7 hours ago.  I miss him already.  So I'm standing in my kitchen heating up some leftovers for my dinner for one, when I realized - once again - how blessed I am to be married to SuperDave.  Seriously.

I met this really super guy when I was still in high school and that was it for us.  You can call us blessed, I prefer that because blessings come from God, or you can call us lucky, I'm not sure where that comes from - but I think we've been blessed with an abundance of good luck. And are lucky to be so incredibly blessed.

33.5 years people! (in 9 days) and we don't even like to spend the work day apart from each other.  We've been married so long I use a calculator to figure out how many years, but still say "Happy Anniversary" on the 27th of every month.

I felt quite successful recently when my oldest daughter posted this picture on her Facebook page with this comment "This is sooo my mom and dad. As a child, I was grossed out and embarrassed. As an adult, I am so grateful that my parents are still madly in love!"


Photo Credit


I know, we are strange.  But we had a couple of strange marriages for examples - both sets of our parents have been married over 50 years - I'd tell you how many exactly, but I'd need the calculator again.

Did you see that cat photo here?  He's baaaaccckkk and let me tell you, it's hard to type a blog post with a cat sitting on your lap with his paws at the keyboard! ha!  Anywho.......

Father's Day was a perfect day for the two of us, church, lunch and a day relaxing in the backyard by the pool, reading side by side, floating in the pool side by side.  We are two peas in a pod for sure!  And now we sit around and talk about our retirement and our traveling days in the years ahead and well, it just sounds like a continuation of the adventure we started so long ago.  We've raised 3 kids, owned 6 homes, had many jobs, lived in a few different towns and a couple of states.  But through it all, no matter what happens out there in the BIG WORLD, it's all okay when we come home at the end of the day to each other.

I love you SuperDave.

May everyone who reads this be so blessed,

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post Laura - blessed indeed I would say!!!
Congratulations
Much love,

Debbie said...

You get the big AWWWWWWW from me here. I love this post, and I agree that you are blessed. My husband and I were the kissy-gross-your-kids-out type too. I wouldn't change a thing, either.