The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pictures That Make Me Smile - Papa's Smile

I've been feeling a bit under the weather for the last week or so, it's Spring! Hurray! (why has it been freezing cold the last 2 nights?)  

I love Springtime but the pollen - not so much.  Writing a blog post hasn't been on my "To Do" list.  It has mainly consisted of 

#1 Go To Work
#2 Go Home
#3 Sit on Couch
#4 Go To Bed

(repeat)

Yes, I ran some errands, cooked some (very easy) meals and went to church.  But my energy has been seriously low, so no new projects to show you.  I made a run to the doc this afternoon and got a shot and some meds - hopefully I'll be getting into trouble back to being productive again very soon.

So today, I'll just share a picture from my collection that is worthy of a name like a great work of art. I haven't done this in a while.  I call this shot Papa's Smile.

My Dad is a the strong silent cowboy type and DOES not like to have his picture taken. (I'm a lot like that myself)  He smiles a lot, especially around his grandkids, but not on purpose in a picture.  However, a little lovin' from a granddaughter is sure to coax a smile.


Papa's Smile

I chose this picture because I get to visit my parents for Easter and I'm looking forward to some smiles from this guy and a few big 'ole hugs. Also, I always look forward to hearing his voice, especially when he prays.  (One of my favorite sounds in the world.)  

Note: If he knew I put him on my blog, he would ask, "YOUR WHAT?"

I love you Daddy! 

Happy Spring aka Pollen Season!

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Maureen Wyatt said...

Have a great time with your folks and soak up all those smiles and hugs!