The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Projects, Pie and Springtime

Don't you just hate it when you feel like you've been very busy but you can't figure out what, if anything, you've accomplished?  That's where I've been lately. One thing I haven't been doing much of is blogging, but I promise I have been doing some things. 

I noticed three daffodils blooming when I went out to get the mail on Monday. Don't tell me - I realized when I got there that it was a federal holiday - no mail delivery. How am I supposed to remember that after I just spent 8 hours at work?  I always remember when I get there. 

I didn't get a picture of the flowers a cold wind had started to blow. But they are out there in the cold wind - the first flowers of spring.  I'm inside where it's warm enjoying these Valentine's Day flowers, so I took a picture of them.

These flowers are my VERY VERY FAVORITE. They are so beautiful and have a light sweet scent.  I try to grow them - it doesn't work for me. 




I think we're kind of burned out exhausted and sore from weeks of working on the wood flooring project.  I'm dragging my feet about getting the stuff back on the walls because I don't know what I want where. Once that is done and I paint the lingerie chest I'll do a reveal of the master bedroom.

After I get the stuff on the walls so that the guest room isn't a mess, this is my next project.  First step - remove CURIOUS cat from drawer.


As I was browsing through Pinterest after dinner I found this coconut pie recipe.  I love coconut - it's like candy from nature. 

Coconut always makes me think about George Bailey (It's a Wonderful Life) saying, "You don't like coconuts? Say, brainless, don't you know where coconuts come from? Lookit here. From Tahiti, the Fiji islands, the Coral Sea."

I'm sure I've seen this recipe before but I've never made the pie even though I love coconut.  It sounded yummy and most especially fast and easy (hey, it was Monday night) so I ran in the kitchen, whipped one up and popped it in the oven. My SuperDave had asked for a pie, or a cake, or any kind of homemade dessert soon, so I started with this one.  It was so easy I almost feel like it didn't count.

I just made enough of the homemade Bisquick for the pie recipe.



Then I stirred in the other ingredients and poured it in my buttered pie plate.



An hour later - we were eating a golden toasted coconut custard pie!



Impossible Coconut Pie

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bisquick (homemade Bisquick)
4 eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups milk
1/2 t vanilla
1 cup shredded coconut


In a medium bowl, blend all the ingredients together by hand or on low speed for 30 seconds. Pour into a 10-inch pie plate that has been buttered or sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake at 350F. for 50 minutes, or until golden and set.

I can hardly wait for another serving today!

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Nayana@cherishDreamLive said...

Laura,thanks for stopping by my blog.your Lilly's are beautiful and I m sure master bedroom will come out great.

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

Hi Laura! I can't wait to see the final reveal of your bedroom. The flowers are beautiful and there is nothing my husband loves more than a coconut cream pie. I'll have to try this recipe I'm sure he'll like it also. Thanks for linking up at Transformed Tuesday.
Hugs,
Peggy