The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gift wrapping tips

I've been busy today wrapping Christmas gifts.  The countdown to Christmas keeps ticking.........




Here's a couple things I find very handy for wrapping and they save me time, always good.  I love these Scotch pop-up tape dispensers you wear on your wrist.  The blue thing is for cutting the paper and I love this little thing.  If you see one grab it up.  It works best on heavier papers and I especially love using it with paper with grid lines on the back.  



Another thing I sometimes do to save time is make my own gift tags.  You can easily make a whole page using a template for shipping labels in Word or Publisher and clip art or your own photos.  If you want them to stick on use actual labels peel and stick labels.  I've even made them with a photo of us on the from for the kids too young to read.


I prefer to use card stock and cut them apart.  Then I punch a hole and tie them on with a piece of ribbon or use double stick tape on boxes.  This saves a lot of time because I print our names on the tag and just fill in the name of the person the gift is TO.  You could also print the To names, but since each one is different I always hand write the name of the gift recipient.  This hole punch on this one is heart shaped because my hole punch is upstairs and I didn't want to go upstairs and hunt for it and I had this one handy. 


I keep my gift wrapping supplies in this little carry-all and it makes wrapping more efficient.  I usually keep my wallpaper scissors in it too, they are great for cutting gift wrap, but they have disappeared.



More to do, better get busy!

Peace to you,

Laura


  Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I definitely have to wrap gifts today after church!

I had some cutting thingy but it didn't work as well as I think it should. I see yours has a roller on it which would help to keep the paper smooth and tight to cut. May have to look for one of them.