The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

When I'm Not Myself

Do you love Halloween?  I've always loved dressing up in a costume.  I think a lot of us just like to pretend for a little while that we are someone/something else.  So right now and for the next couple of weeks I'm sewing in my spare time.  I'm almost finished with my costume and have started on my husband's threads.  Usually I just spruce something up or pull together a collection of things but this year I'm actually sewing - and not for one of the kids this time.

As I was working on my husband's costume last night I realized I've never made a garment for him.  All of my sewing through the years has been for myself and the kids - so this is a first - after all of these years.

So far I've made a skirt, a shirt, a corset and spruced up a slip for myself. Now I'm working on a jacket and vest for SuperDave.  I'll give you a sneak peak soon, but for today here are a few costumes from the years of our life.

My son, The Airforce Pilot
Muscleman!
My baby dinosaur
My little mouse

Mario and Luigi



Pirate and ?? - the girls put those together

Another Mario - many years earlier
and my sweet 50s gal

My first big costume project
Snow White and her dinosaur dwarf

Mardi Gras Clown(?) and the pilot

Ballerina Kitty and A Ghost Buster
The Harem Girl was a neighbor
Gorgeous Costume!

My son - THE BOMB
Not kidding - this was his idea
I just did the sewing and crafting
The witch is a friend's grand daughter

Another Snow White many years
later - ala Gaga this time

Masquerade

The Pirate Disney Princess

Wonder Woman!
I made this mostly from scraps for myself
MANY years ago - looks great
on the baby girl now

One of Josie's Pussycats
I believe

My daughter the hula girl with her friends
Raggedy Ann and Carmen

Me and my gangster sweetie
taking you back to
the roaring 20s

SuperDave & I rockin' like it was 1985




I hope you enjoyed the pics, I just love looking at these pictures of my kids on Halloween through the years.

Almost time to get creepy,
Laura


 Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: