The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Goodbye Fortysomething...Hello ?

Today I had the extreme privilege of celebrating 50 years of life.  Thanks to my friends and family it's been a wonderful 50 years.  I'm looking forward to the next 50 30, we'll see after that.

In the beginning I looked like this....poor old wrinkled and stained photo.  But as you can see I've always LOVED to laugh!


Ten years or so later I had grown quite a bit.  How do you like my handmade (by Mom) dress and that cameo?

By the time I was 23 I was married and had two wonderful kids.


By the time I was 31 I had added a third child.  Remember the Glamour Shot?  I had mine made at Wal-Mart - I am NOT kidding... it was WAY less expensive than the actual GS store.  They had a traveling crew that came in to do hair, makeup and photos.  I had the BIG hair without them needing to work at it!  And still would today without a flat iron.

By forty something I didn't have time to mess with that long hair.


And now, even though I still hate having my picture taken, I still play with my cell phone camera sometimes...take a dozen...delete all but one.


Five decades!  Feeling pretty good for HALF A CENTURY!

Much Love & Laughter, 

 Laura 

  Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

Maureen Wyatt said...

Happy birthday! You have the most amazing cheekbones and shouldn't be afraid of the camera! ~ Maureen

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Happy birthday, Laura! 50 is just fine- I've been in that decade a couple of years now. :)

Debbie said...

Well, WOOOHOOO! Happy Belated birthday, Laura! Sorry to have missed this.

Welcome to the Vintage Lady club. It's not nearly so bad as you feared, is it?

Sooner Laura said...

Thanks for the good wishes and sweet comments - Turning the BIG 5-0 was actually a LOT of fun. I was treated so special!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I just found your blog.
I'm pushing Fifty...I can barely bring myself to say it!

I even cringed when you did a strike through the next 50 years and put 30 instead!
You sound like you've embraced life... I love that.
I'm your newest follower...welcome to blogging!
...found you through Debbie's, Pat