The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Triple Chocolate Nutella Frosted Brownies

I work with a lot of good cooks, but a few of my co-workers are such great cooks that if you know the goodies were made in their kitchen you can't resist taking a bite eating two or three servings.  These folks are always trying something new and treating co-workers to their delicious 'experiments'.

A few weeks ago a delicious batch of brownies arrived at our office.  I started with a two bite piece and I'm not telling how much I ate during the remainder of the work day.  I reserve my calories for foods (and drinks) that are absolutely worth the calories and this one qualifies. It turned out to be a super simple recipe and I had most of the ingredients in my pantry.  Sweet!

My friend said she made the brownies with this Ghiradelli mix that we get at our favorite warehouse store - Costco! 

She said following the directions but be sure to use olive oil to make them extra moist.

After you spread them in the pan, swirl about 3/4 cup of Nutella into the top of the brownies and bake as directed.

When fully baked, remove from the oven and frost with another 3/4 cup of Nutella while the brownies are still warm.  No kidding!  Just straight Nutella.  The wonderful thing in my opinion is that I thought it was frosting. It's got to be at least a little better for you than plain 'ole butter cream frosting, right?  It's made from nuts - the perfect food!


She sprinkled the top with some chopped hazelnuts.  This is what it looked like after I took a bite.  After one bite I took a picture because I knew I had to share the "recipe".  Thanks to Renee' for the awesome easy delicious new way to make brownies.  Because heaven knows I needed another brownie recipe. 



So these brownies are on the menu for my July 4th celebration, which mostly includes eating, reading and floating around in the pool in my new spring float chair with a DRINK HOLDER. 

Yes, I am ready for a bit of a holiday!  And having a 'Friday' after two days at the office is cool with me.

Much Love & Laughter,

Laura

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: