The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Friday, July 6, 2012

Peace of The Sea Jewelry

It's funny to me how things progress and one thing leads to another.  Maybe this just happens to me?  I graduated from a SMALL school (many years ago).  My graduating class was 18.  Yes, these very small schools do exist.  We have an annual alumni banquet and anyone who EVER graduated there is welcome to attend.  We usually have a turn out of a few hundred people some who graduated 50 years ago or more.  We know not just the classmates from our high school days but their parents and grandparents who graduated from our school.  It's such a tight knit community that it makes me sad for my kids who graduated with hundreds and only knew a few people in their own class.  It was a nice way to grow up.

When I received my Alumni Newspaper this year there was an article about a alumnus who graduated 6 years before me in my sister's class.  It's such a small community that, of course, I recognize the name and the face.  The article tells his story of recently moving to Puerto Rico with his wife. Since I'm such a beach girl I am slightly green with envy of his simple beach life.

The article also mentioned  their jewelry business on Facebook, the page is titled Peace of The Sea.    I love stone jewelry, stones like turquoise and tiger eye left in a natural state or semi-natural state.  So, naturally, their sea glass jewelry appealed to me.

I've never found a piece of "mother's jewelry" that I couldn't resist, but I really found the sea glass mother's pendant appealing so I ordered a little gift for myself.  The large piece of glass is my "birthstone" color and the three smaller pieces are each of my kids, April, August and November.  My beach display in the entry way gave me the perfect place to take a picture.




I also ordered a "Beach in a Bottle" because I found it irresistible.  I'm still looking for ways to bring the beach home with me.  Now I can wear it around my neck even when I'm away from home.



If you love the beach and you'd like to own a piece of their jewelry check out their page.  I'm shamelessly promoting these home town folks and their unique handmade products.

Have a great weekend!

Laura

http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/

http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/






 Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So cute!! I love the big one with three small pieces! :) :) xo Holly

Debbie said...

Those are both really creative and pretty! I think it's wonderful that you had such a small school and close classmates. My girls went to a small school until HS. Given the choice, I pick small.