The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's Just a Small Chair - Should be Easy, Right?

As summer comes along I don't want to cook much or do many projects.  I want to read by the pool, float in the pool, visit with friends by the pool.  You get the idea.

When I bought the dresser I painted blue and the matching desk that will someday be madeover for my sewing "stuff", the lady tossed in a chair for FREE.  That's my favorite price and it is a sturdy little chair. I thought painting it would be easy and I can't say it was hard, exactly, maybe time consuming is a better description.  It has a lot of sides and angles and potential for paint to drip.  I don't like drips.

I can't seem to find a before picture, but I'll keep looking, but picture it boring - solid white with a beige seat.  Recovering the seat was no problem, I've done a lot of those.  Painting the chair with a brush - not so much fun.  The result?  I love it and have placed it by my little french desk.


Makes me smile !


So you can see I haven't been a total bum the last two months (after I get home from work).  I've been working on a thing or three - I'm just working slowly due to the time I am spending on relaxation.


Much Love & Laughter,

Laura


 Follow Me on Pinterest

http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com

http://cedarhillranch.blogspot.com/

http://primitiveandproper.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I hadn't seen this! Very cute! I love the French pattern of the fabric.

Cassie Bustamante said...

such a sweet chair! i love the fabric and the shape of the chair!