The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cookie Monster

Above my desk I have this sign


The first time my husband saw the sign, he laughed at how appropriate the sign is for me specifically.

I'm not talking about store bought oreos - I can totally pass on those. 
I'm talking chewy soft homemade or bakery cookies. 
The kind that make you sigh with pleasure as they melt in your mouth. 
Full of good stuff like pecans and chocolate, lemon, anise, cinnamon, almonds, oatmeal, caramel.  I can resist all sorts of cakes and pies. 
But a nice homemade cookie - NOT A CHANCE. 
Perhaps at first, but eventually I'll break down.

Over Christmas I made new (to me) wonderful anise cookies called Biscochitos,  Oh my!


Bischochitos (star shaped),
Butter Cookies from a press (flower and Christmas Tree) and
Turtle Cookies (the cup shaped one)
 I make the WORLD'S BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Seriously. You can ask anyone who has eaten a half dozen.  I have a friend who said when you get to heaven this is what they feed you. I'll share the recipe one day, but let me warn that I don't measure carefully. I just know that when a wooden spoon will stand up in the dough it's right.  More than one person has tried the recipe and said it didn't work as well for them.

Today I'm going to share a recipe with you that is super easy that I created myself at Christmas this year and we all LOVED them.

I got the idea from another yummy cookie recipe made with mini peanut butter cups and store bought peanut butter cookie dough in muffin cups.

Laura's Very Own Original Turtle Cookie Recipe

One roll store bought sugar cookie dough
Rolos
chopped pecans

Cut small pieces of Sugar Cookie Dough and place in a mini-muffin pan (I found paper liners worked well with these, but you can lightly grease the pan and cookie them directly in the pan)

Cook about 10 minutes at 350. 

When they are all puffed up but not necessarily brown, remove from the oven and press a rolo into the middle of the cookie, as it begins to melt add a few chopped pecans, press them down into the chocolate. 

That's it, now all you have to do it eat them and that's even easier than making them. 

Happy Baking!

Laura

No comments: