The most important things in life aren't things! Faith*Family*Friends

Friday, January 27, 2012

Time for a New Hobby?


Because through the years I've had so much spare time that I mostly sit in a bubble bath and eat bonbons.....

I've had a lot of hobbies. A few of those include

Sewing - crafts, clothes, curtains, quilts, costumes

Snow White, Lady Gaga style

A baby quilt I made for a dear friend so long ago that the "baby" is now a freshman in college
  Gardening and canning

Lately I mostly grown bunny food
 Redecorating/updating my home

 I applied sealer, texture, paint and glaze to the walls of my kitchen.  I also spruced up an old chandelier for my breakfast room, disregard the popcorn ceiling, I'm not brave enough to tackle that (yet)

Painting on clothing - seriously my friends and I did this

One of many shirts I painted in the 80s
Pencil drawings

This is a picture of a drawing, I apologize for the quality, turns out I wasn't very good at this

Jewelry making

A few necklaces and bracelets, this was fun for a whle, but I'm mostly done, I think

So now I'm curious about this whole blogging business, I'm thinking it would make a nice new (inexpensive) hobby and wouldn't leave me with a bag full of supplies.  I'm thinking maybe now, more than ever, I will have time for a hobby because at forty something my life is not actually beginning but definitely taking a major turn.

I've been telling my friends, much to their astonishment, that I'm looking forward to turning 50.  The reason?  My last child will graduate from highschool the year I turn 50.  And I am happy to say that yes, it's this year!  Now it's not like I have a LOT of children.  I have three, but the firstborn is 12 years older than the youngest, so I've had a 'kid' in the house for 31 years. 

I'm anticipating that the next 10 years (and possibly beyond) will be a decade with more time for me and my husband.  That may sound selfish, but here's the scoop - I was married at age 17 and have lived in bliss for 32 years with my dear husband and for 31 years with at least one child and as many as three.  We had our first child 16 months after we got married so as much as we have loved raising kids together the last 31 years, we are excited about time for just the two of us again.

Anyway, I believe life might finally become a little less complicated in my 50s and I'm looking forward to every minute, but for now I'm still forty something.

Live, Love, Laugh,

Laura

And please be patient with me while I work the bugs out of my new hobby




No comments: